This is an 18 in V-Drum Cymbal pad with realistic feeling triggers and increased sensitivity.
DIGITAL RIDE CYMBAL WITH ADVANCED MULTI-SENSOR TRIGGERING
Roland continues to revolutionize electronic drums, and our newly developed digital trigger pads are no exception. Incorporating the very latest technologies, these innovative pads work directly with the powerful processing in the flagship TD-50 sound module to provide the ultimate in expressive drumming. Never before have electronic drums been so true to life.
The Roland CY-18DR is for drummers who want to stamp personality on their playing. With an acoustic-style 18-inch diameter and authentic swing motion, this digital V-Cymbal is instantly familiar and highly playable. A high-resolution, multi-sensor system detects every nuance of your hard and soft touches, in every position from edge to bell. This information is then communicated via a high-speed digital trigger connection to the TD-50 module.
The CY-18DR gives expressive drummers more dynamics than ever before, supporting techniques from cymbal legato to soft bell strokes and even cymbal chokes. And by simply touching the bell or bow of the cymbal with a finger or palm, you can mute the sound (with natural carryover decay) just as you would with an acoustic ride cymbal. In combination with the TD-50 module’s advanced engine, the CY-18DR delivers ultra-realistic performance never before achieved with any cymbal pad.
- High-resolution sound triggering designed for use with the flagship Roland TD-50 sound module
- Captures nuances of hard and soft playing on the bow, bell, and edge areas
- Wide-range touch sensors allow cymbal muting with a finger touch
- Acoustic-style 18-inch diameter for comfort, playability, and familiar presence
- Size: 18 inches
- Available playing methods (triggers)Bow shot (high-resolution position detection, wide dynamic range)
- Bell shot (wide dynamic range)
- Edge shot (wide dynamic range)
- Choke (choke edge, bow touch)
- Sensor system
- Multi-element sensor system
- Bow sensor x 3
- Bell sensor
- Edge sensor
- Touch sensor
- Built-in sensing processor
- Connectors: DIGITAL TRIGGER OUT port (compatible with Roland drum sound module equipped with DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port)
- Power supply: Supplied from DIGITAL TRIGGER IN port (DC 5 V)
- Current draw: 90 mA