Award-winning conversion, rich and detailed mic preamps, ergonomic and visually stunning design: the Duet 2 2X4 computer interface will turn any Mac computer (or iPad!) into a full-fledged recording powerhouse. Now take 25% off any single Waves plugin or 35% off any Waves bundle when you purchase any Apogee ONE, Duet, Quartet, or Ensemble interface!
The most respected portable audio interface ever.
Apogee Duet is an award-winning audio interface, headphone amp and MIDI interface making it easy to create professional recordings anywhere on your iPod touch, iPhone, iPad or Mac. With Apogee’s legendary digital audio conversion and world-class mic preamps, Duet is the best way to capture your music with incredible dimension and detail.
The new Duet for iPad and Mac features special circuitry designed to deliver professional performance for iPad use along with low latency USB 2.0 performance for Mac. And with the addition of MIDI I/O you can connect and power a Core MID compatible keyboard/controller while using Duet with your iPad or iOS device.
Legendary Sound Quality
Why Apogee Duet is the best choice for your studio.
Apogee is an award-winning industry leader in digital recording technology with over 25 years of experience. Preferred by recording pros around the world, Apogee products like Duet, Ensemble and Symphony I/O have been instrumental in creating countless GRAMMY® and OSCAR® winning recordings and have set the industry standard in professional recording for over two decades. Duet is built solidly on this reputation.
- First professional stereo audio interface for iPad
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with new iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini (Apple’s Lighting to 30-pin adapter required - Sold separately)
- Works with GarageBand, Auria, MultiTrack; Any Core Audio compatible app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton; Any Core Audio compatible app on Mac
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software (iOS & Mac)
- MIDI input/output (USB-A type connector)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- 2 Analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power
- 2 Balanced analog line outputs
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California - Made in the U.S.A.
Apple’s iPad is an incredible audio recording and music creation tool. Starting at $399, it is by far the most accessible, reliable and dynamic way to make music.
iPad puts you in touch with your creativity.
Interacting with iPad to make music is like playing an instrument. In fact, some apps like Apple’s GarageBand turn your iPad into a guitar or virtual instrument. Whether you are moving faders on a mixer, adjusting software parameters, or editing a waveform, iPad’s multi-touch interface is a more hands on environment and superior to mouse clicks or track pad swipes.
Buy Apogee. Save Big on Waves Plugins!
Audio professionals and artists have chosen Apogee and Waves products to make countless hit recordings. Now when you buy Apogee ONE, Duet, Quartet or Ensemble, you also receive a discount code good for 25% off a single plugin or 35% off any Waves bundle plus an additional $100 voucher* that can be used towards your next Waves plugin purchase. These offers can be applied to any special deals from Waves, giving you the ability to save up to thousands of dollars. Apogee and Waves provide industry standard tools for recording, mixing and mastering audio and offer everything you need to complete your project on Mac, no matter what recording software you use.
Waves plugins are incredibly CPU efficient, allowing you to harness the power of your Mac to run more plugins at lower buffer sizes while still maintaining low latency monitoring through your Apogee audio interface. Apogee’s measurably superior mic preamps and transparent AD/DA conversion lets you get the best possible quality from your Waves plugins. With an open native platform and recording software like Logic Pro X, you are free to expand your studio capabilities by adding more plugins from any manufacturer.
- Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
- OS: 10.6.8, 10.7.5 or greater
- Connection and power: Any available USB port on a Mac
- USB bus powered; DC power optional (DC power supply included)
- iOS version: 5.1.1 or greater
- Connection: 30-pin dock connector
- DC power required (DC power supply included)
iOS device compatibility (Lightning connector)
- iPod touch* (5th generation)
- iPhone 5*
- iPad* (4th generation)
- iPad mini*
* Requires Apple’s Lightning to 30-pin adapter. Sold separately.
iOS device compatibility (30-pin connector)
- iPod touch (4th generation)
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPad (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
- Any Mac Core Audio compatible application
- Recommended apps: Logic, GarageBand, MainStage, Final Cut, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Studio One, Cubase, and Nuendo
- Any iOS Core Audio compatible app. Recommended apps: GarageBand, Auria
- EIN: 128dB (un-weighted) @ 60dB, 150Ohm input
- Max input level: +20dBu
- Input impedance: 3KOhm
- Max input level 14 dBu
- Input impedance: >2MOhm
- Max input level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max input level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Input impedance: 5KOhm
- Freq resp 20 Hz -20Khz: > +/-0.2dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD + N: -106dB (@ 96Khz)
- Dyn. Range: 114dB (A-weighted)
- Max output level (+4dBu ref): +20dBu
- Max output level (-10dBV ref): +6dBV
- Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
- Max output level headphones: 19dBu
- HPH output impedance 30 Ohm.
- Freq resp 20Hz -20 Khz: > +/- 0.05dB (@44.1Khz)
- Rel. THD+N : -113dB (@96Khz)
- Dyn Range: 123dB (A-weighted)
- USB 2.0 Mac audio interface
- 2 analog inputs: Combination Line (balanced +20dBu max)
- Mic/Instrument (+14dBu max)
- 4 analog outputs:
- Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- 2 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- A/D and D/A conversion at 24-bit/192kHz
- Top panel high resolution OLED display
- Multi-function controller knob
- Two assignable top panel touchpads:
- Mute speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Assign headphones to outputs 1-2, 3-4 or low latency mixer
- Dim speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Sum to mono speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert
In the box:
- Breakout Cable with:
- 2 Combination Line/Mic/Instrument Inputs
- 2 Balanced Line Outputs
- USB Cable
- Universal Power Adapter for US, UK and EU
- Quick Start Guide
MPN: DUET-USB IOS